2017 will see the fifth running of “The Longest Day Down”, and the second time it will be run “Upwards”.
In total, The Longest Day Down has raised over £75,000 so far for Cancer Research UK over the last four events, deciding to run the event again has been an easy decision.
The basic format of the event has proven to be very popular and will remain the same for 2016. Full details of the “Rules” can be found here but the key information is as follows.
- The event will take place between Sunrise and Sunset on 21st June 2017
- Motorcycles must cost no more than £300 (not including the cost of insurance, MOT, tyres or brakes)
- Motorcycles must hold a valid MOT certificate
- No modifications to the fuel system at all.
- Riders must use a designated route
- The cost of taking part in the event will be £300
- Places are limited to 25
- Accommodation and on the road support is provided
LDD17 will again be run from Lands End to John O’Groats.
- Riders to gather at the Lands End visitor centre on the afternoon of June 20th for awards, photography, riders briefing and “Sign on”.
- “Ceremonial Start” will lead riders a couple of miles to Penzance whereupon everyone will stay at a Premier Inn.
- Sunrise on 21st June, riders will set off for John O’Groats
- Sometime later, riders will arrive at the “Natural Retreats” luxury log cabin accommodation at John O’Groats.
As with previous years, places will be awarded on a first come first served basis. A nonrefundable deposit of £100 per rider guarantees your place.
In the meantime, to register your interest in either taking part or volunteering to help host LDD16, email John McAvoy at email@example.com
How it all began
It was on a motorcycle forum that Kevin Wilson first suggested...
The Challenge has been a massive success in previous years...
Let's beat cancer sooner. Raising funds for Cancer Research...